September 16, 2011

What Makes You Happy?

I used to think that shopping, eating out, vacations and the like were the things in life that could truly make me happy. BC (Before Children!), we would frequently take a day trip to Solvang, or down to Los Angeles and just wander and be happy together. We’d get lost for hours, driving with no end in sight, not worrying about the day to day business of life or needing to rush back home to care for anyone.


With the two boys now, our spur of the moment trips are few and far between, in fact requiring lots of patience and planning to prepare. I always worry that I’ve left something behind that we’ll need, or that we’ve packed too much in the trunk of the car for just a day trip.


This weekend, we’re off to the forest, to see the giant trees. I don’t know what the trip has in store for us, if we’ll be able to keep the boys happy in a longer than usual car trip, or even if anyone will get car sick. But what I do know is that there will be some good memories made and that will make me happy.


 If my patience can hold out...


I’ll give your regards to General Sherman if I see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...