September 09, 2011

Awesome Alfredo!

I hate waiting for a table at Olive Garden, but if you're like me, some days you just have a craving for Italian! Here's a recipe that may help you get over your craving, or at least convince you that waiting in line isn't necessary!

(A word of warning: this is NOT low fat! I only make this occasionally, but it's soooo good!)

1/4 cup butter (1 stick)
1 pint heavy cream
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder (more or less for family's taste preferences)
black pepper to taste

Over low heat in a medium sauce pan, combine butter, cream, and cream cheese, whisking occasionally. When completely melted, whisk in garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper to taste. When thouroughly combined, simmer over low heat. The longer you simmer, the thicker it gets!

We serve this over pasta with chicken and broccoli or a salad.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Yummy! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good and very easy which I like the best! I am a new follower from the blog hop thru GFC and Twitter. I did not see a FB link so if I missed it please leave me a comment when you come for a visit to follow me back and I will come over and follow on Facebook if you need me to. Thanks for your help and have a great weekend with your two boys!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm! Sounds yummy!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great, I'll have to try it sometime. I <3 alfredo and never remember to buy any at the store.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...