February 27, 2013

Got buttermilk?

buttermilksub

I love Ranch dressing, especially when it’s homemade with buttermilk!

And you’d think that as much as I love my Ranch, I’d keep a container of buttermilk in my fridge, but alas, it isn’t so. So here’s a quick “how-to” you can use when you run out or just don’t feel like spending money on an ingredient you rarely use.

What you’ll need:

  • 1-cup measuring cup
  • 1Tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice
  • Milk (any kind should work, my family drinks 2% and it works great!)

In your measuring cup combine 1Tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice and a scant enough milk to fill to the top. Let it sit on your counter for at least five minutes and use as you would in any recipe calling for buttermilk. Don’t freak out when you see the fat from the milk floating on top. That’s the point!

Yep. That easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...