March 20, 2012

11 Things About This Super Mom

Here's something new for me to get my social on! Thank you Cassie from Chasing The Wolf Pack!

11 Things is a game that has been circulating through the blogs to help all of us learn more about each other.

RULES

1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Tag 11 people and tell them you've tagged them.

11 Random Things About This Super Mom:



1. I lived for six years without a dishwasher. When we moved in October, the new house had a dishwasher and I was so excited. Admittedly though, I frequently have a sink full of dirty dishes and a dishwasher full of clean ones.

2. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I had taken that banking job in San Francisco.

3. I'm horribly shy in new situations. I'm much wittier online or on the phone than I am in person. I think I sometime come off as bitchy because of it.

4. In Junior High and High School, I was frequently called names, teased, and bullied by a group of boys and girls and it made me cry everyday walking home from the bus stop. To this day I have no idea why. And why some of those same people “friended” me on Facebook, I have NO clue. Guilty much? But now I love to see how much their lives aren’t that different from the shallow people they were back then and still live as if they were 17.

5. I've lost over 70 pounds in the last 5 years and I have NO idea how. I don't diet, I'm a habitual couch surfer, and I never exercise. I don't remember what the inside of a gym looks like. I think it's from having babies.

6. I have a Freebie 5 list. Adam Levine, Jason Statham, Robert Pattinson, Alex O’Laughlin, and Nikki Sixx. If I ever were to meet them however, I'd probably throw up on my shoes. Or theirs.

7. I'm a hermit. I'd rather spend time alone by myself with all the blinds drawn and the doors closed reading a book than go out in public. If it wasn't for my Bunco group, I'd probably never interact with other grown-ups.

8. I love Twilight. However I've never seen the first movie in a theater and never been to a midnight showing. I didn't even read the books until after I saw a bootlegged copy of Twilight. I secretly think the writing in the books isn't so great, but love the story behind it. I also read Twilight fan fiction and honestly think these people have written much better stories than the original books.

9. As a kid, I wanted to be a singer when I grew up. It’s cool to note that my “cousins” (via the family tree) are Madonna, Celine Dion, and Avril Lavigne.

10. Jack Palance once bummed a cigarette off of me in a hotel lobby in Denver. Then asked me to come “party” with him and his two lady friends. Eww!

11. I wanna be Barbie.

My Questions From Chasing The Wolfpack

1. What is your favorite movie?
Right now it’s Twilight. The first one. I could watch it over and over and never get bored. I even like having it on in the background as I’m randomly doing things around the house and can frequently recite lines from it.

2. If you could visit anywhere, where would you go?
Believe it or not, Canada. My father’s family is originally from France and arrived in Canada in 1648 and helped found Quebec and the Detroit-Windsor area. I think it would be cool to see some of those places in person because I love historical stuff!

3. After a long day, what drink or snack do you go for?
Diet Dr. Pepper and Ruffles with onion dip. I think the diet in the soda cancels out the fat from the chips and dip.

4. What was your favorite date you were ever on?
Back in the day (pre-Hubs) I dated a guy in radio. He had to cancel a date because he got called into cover a weekend shift for another DJ. So I decided to hang out with him at work instead and we “hosted” our own radio show together and were silly-stupid on-air. And then we had a picnic lunch of McDonald’s on the soundboard.

5. What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
Going on a cruise ship for mine and Hubs’ honeymoon. I’m afraid of heights and deep water.

6. What was your favorite childhood toy?
My Barbie dolls. I think I still have them!

7. What is a special talent that you have?
Procrastination. Why do today what you can do tomorrow?

8. What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
Visit Europe. All of it. Do it like the Grand Tour of the old days.

9. Dogs or cats?
I like both. We have two dogs now, Sebastian (named after Sebastian Bach, the rock singer) and Scarlett (named after Scarlet O’Hara, of course). I miss having a cat though; we’re all allergic.

10. If you could have one thing for dinner every night, what would it be?
Mexican food. All of it!

11. What is your favorite day of the year?
Any day I can sleep past 6 AM, unless it’s because I’m sick.

My Questions For You!
1. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?

2. What’s your go-to comfort food?

3. If you could pick a color to describe you, what would it be and why?

4. What is your favorite place you’ve travelled?

5. Where would you like to go someday?

6. What did you want to be when you grew up?

7. What is your favorite book?

8. What is your favorite band/musician?

9.    Would you ever go cliff diving?

10. If a homeless family walked up to you and asked for help for a meal or shelter for the night, what would you do?

11. What’s the one thing you can’t help but indulge in?

For this I'm tagging: (and yes I'm breaking the rules by tagging less than 11; sue me! LOL)

Have Sippy, Will Travel
One Bored Mommy
PR Mom Ambassador
Misadvetures of a First Time Mom
The Sierra Home Companion
*Live, Laugh, Love*
Mom-Ology
Meat and Potatoes Mama

1 comment:

  1. You are totally right about Twilight! The books would be a lot better if written by J.K. Rowling. It's cool you were on a radio show! Sorry it took me so long to comment. I read it from my phone right after you sent me the email, but then forgot to comment after I got home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...