February 23, 2012

Super Spaghetti Sauce




Here's a delicious and quick homemade spaghetti sauce recipe that's sure to get even the pickiest eaters to finish their dinner!

1 pound ground beef or italian sausage, skined and crumbled
2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes (I like to use the ones with garlic, basil, and oregano already added)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1-2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 bay leaves

Brown meat in pan and drain in a colander; return to the pan. Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Want to bulk up the nutrition? Shred, puree, or chop any additional veggies and add to sauce.

Modified from Hunt's Red - and - Ready Spaghetti Sauce

4 comments:

  1. This looks really good! My husband is the cook in the house; I'm going to have to convince him to try this.

    New follower from Blog Hop Til You Drop. Please stop by and visit me, www.chasingthewolfpack.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! Every time I try to make spaghetti sauce I mess it up and it winds up costing more than if I just bought all natural in a jar. I have zero clue what I'm doing wrong. I'll try this recipe and see if I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm!!! Sounds delish!!

    Hi! I'm a new follower of your lovely blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great!

    Found you in the hop New GFC Follower, Hope you will follow me back and check out my giveaways!

    http://giveawayhog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...