February 10, 2012

Mommy's Guilty Pleasure

Every once in a while I get the urge to shut out the noise, the boys and the rest of the world and take a little time for myself. One of these ways is to escape through reading.

I’m a romance novel junkie.

Yeah, I’ll admit it.

When I was thirteen, my aunt gave me a HUGE stockpile of Harlequin romance novels to read shortly after we moved from the small mountain town we lived in to “the big city” to keep me occupied over the summer before school started.

Oh, my. If only she knew what a voracious devourer of books she unleashed!

Luckily on a tight budget, there are lots of ways to fill my addiction without breaking the bank. Did you know you could download an app to your smartphone and laptop that allows you to read books published for the Kindle?

I “discovered” this while researching whether or not I wanted to drop the cash for a Kindle shortly before Caleb was born and I haven’t looked back since.

The best part of that discovery, after purchasing a few books to read on my phone and laptop, was that there are also TONS of free books, in every genre, that you can down load for FREE!

Did you know they’re FREE?

FREE!

At last count, I’ve loaded at least 80+ books to read and have quite the “stack” to work with.

You can download most classics for free, and lots of new releases for just $9.99. The best part is that you can search by genre, change your filter settings to look for “$0.00” and find all the great deals you can. Plus there's a tab on the right side of their page you can click that lists their 100 Top Free Bestsellers.

Here are some other resources for filling your reading addiction:

Open Library

Project Gutenberg

Many Books

So now that I've admitted mine, what's yours?

(I don't make any money when you click on these external links, so click away!)

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about the free books for Kindle! It is also a great way to discover new authors, authors I might not have spent money on if I had not had the chance to try one of their books for free! I have a Kindle and I love it!!
    glosews


    Thanks for stopping by and saying hello today! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just a blogging addict! New GFC follower from Blog Hop til You Drop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...